The 2014 PSC PHOTO CONTEST Results….And the winners are.....All of us!
This first annual photo contest, organized by Ralf Jaeger, produced 79 entries. In addition to reflecting the diversity of places, interests, and skills of PSC members, these photos will provide art and graphics for future PSC publications, posters, and publicity. The winning pictures are shown in the slideshow on the home page of the PSC website.
Here are the highlights.
· 1 Overall Winner
· 5 Category Winners
· 79 Pictures were entered into the contest
· 18 Photographers sent in pictures
· 19 Judges sent in their ratings for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each category
· 1st place ratings scored 4 points, 2nd places scored 2 points & 3rd places scored 1 point
The overall winner of the Contest:
· Karen Willden
· Category A, Paddling (PSC-trip): “Namekagon Splash” by Ralf Jaeger,
· Category B, Paddling Portrait (PSC-trip): “Hello Sparky” by Douglas Bosco
· Category C, PSC-trip, not paddling: by Karen Willden
· Category D, Flora / Fauna / Scenic (PSC-trip): “Fall Colors by Red Bridge, MI” by Ralf Jaeger
· Category E, (anything paddling related): “Blue Sunset, Banner Marsh” by Jeff Fitch
The PSC Training Program is underway and Sessions are filling up!
Details can be found on the Event Schedule page....
May 23- Intro (canoe & kayak)
June 6 - Moving Water 1 (canoe)
June 7 - Moving Water 1 (kayak)
June 20 or 26 - Moving Water 2 (canoe)
July tbd - Moving Water 2 (kayak)
tbd - Whitewater (canoe)