"Connecting paddlers through safe and fun group events"
The PSC Board has created COVID-19 Guidelines for Events. You will need to confirm your agreement in order to register
Date(s): August 11, 2020
Leader: Scott Seifrid
Location: Seba Park in South Elgin
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Category: Day TripDetails: Feel free to join me on the Fox River for a sunset paddle. Meet at Seba Park off Rt. 31 in South Elgin at 3:00 PM. We'll paddle to Ferson Creek. Please leave your phone number if you are going to come. You will need to provide your own shuttle and bring the PSC covid waiver.
Contact the trip leader for information. Scott (630) 209-1242
● PSC always takes appropriate precautions for your safety. PSC cannot guarantee the elimination of risk of contracting or being exposed to Coronavirus. You are joining this event at your own risk
● When attending a PSC event, you are expected to bring with you a signed copy of the Prairie State Canoeists Combined Waiver/Release of Liability; it must be dated with the date of the event. Participants without this document will not be permitted to participate in the event
● Participants must make their own decisions about joining events involving a car shift/shuttle. Participants will be responsible for making their own arrangements for car shifts/shuttles. PSC event leaders will not arrange car shifts/shuttles for events at this time.
● A face covering must be worn any time you are not able to maintain 6 feet of distance from others
● Participants must bring their own supplies to maintain proper hygiene, including hand sanitizer with a minimum 60% alcohol content and a face covering
● Group members are not to share or touch each other’s equipment, with exception of bow and stern toggles/handles to assist with launching, landing and loading boats (excluding members of the same family)
● Restroom facilities may not be available during the event. Please use the restroom prior to arriving at the event and bring any personal supplies needed during the event
● When considering joining an event, please consider your personal skills relative to the event. For the courtesy and safety of all parties, please select only events well below your personal skill level
● Crowded landings because of other groups is an ever-present risk. Please be aware that this may occur at any time and PSC cannot control the actions or safety considerations of those other groups. Please act responsibly to avoid crowds at landings