Being a member of PSC means....
- You BELONG! You become part of a group of like minded people who want to enjoy, protect, and enhance an 'on the water experience'.
- You are part of one of the largest and longest established paddling based not-for profit organizations in the Midwest!
- You will have numerous opportunities to get out and explore rivers, lakes and other paddling locations that you may not even known existed! (Events are led by experienced volunteers!)
- Free Shuttles! You know...the logistics to get on the river and downstream to your car...with other paddlers...and be safe!
Other awesome benefits to having a membership in PSC include:
- Free online access to archives of PSC Paddler...past newsletters of the Prairie State Canoeists.
- Priority enrollment in any PSC event (ahead of guests).
- Auxiliary membership in the Illinois Paddling Council (IPC) which has the Mission to promote paddling activities and opportunities as well as develop and protect water trails throughout Illinois.
Your annual PSC membership also helps financially support:
- First Aid Certifications and ACA Certifications/Renewals for PSC Instructors, aides, event leaders and other volunteers to support the top-notch educational paddling opportunities to all PSC members and guests.
- Networking via IPC and other local organizations supporting Paddling initiatives...
- Education Opportunities.
- Other Local Paddling related opportunities.